Friday, October 26, 2012

the City that Works

I'm Anna, a 20-something water engineer. I moved to the wonderful and striking city of Chicago about a year ago  and I work at the city's water purification plant, housed on a pier in Lake Michigan. One of the most remarkable benefits of the 50 year old building (besides the one million gallons of water per minute the plant purifies for the people of Chicago's usage every day...) is the location's beautiful view of the city sky line. Every day as I enter and leave work, the scene looks simultaneously static -- the gleaming sky-scrapers and ocean-like-view of the lake -- and all at once different.  Each day there is something unique: the color of the sky, the shape of the clouds, the current weather the city is experiencing (which in Chicago, believe me, can vary greatly-- day to day or even hour to hour!).

I'd love to share some daily photos and thoughts with you here. Welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment